KOCHI:
Angamaly magistrate court rejected the bail application of actor Dileep, who was arrested in connection with sexual assault of a South Indian actress.
Earlier, the court extended the remanded of Dileep to September 28. This is for the fourth time that the court is rejecting the bail application.
When Dileep approached High Court for bail, the Court said that that prima facie there is evidence against Dileep in the case sheet will be completed soon. It is observed that the accused could influence the witnesses if he was granted bail.
Actress Kavya Madhavan, second wife of actor Dileep, moved the High Court for for anticipatory bail. The anticipatory bail application was filed following the possibility of an arrest when the investigation reaches the final stage. Kavya Madhavan in her bail application pointed out that she had cooperated with the investigation team during the probe. As part of the probe, police had called her several times, the application said.
Pulsar Suni the first accused in the case of plotting abduction and sexual assault revealed that the ‘Madam’ who is connected with the case is Kavya Madhavan. Suni made this revelation when he was brought before the Ernakulam CJM court in connection with another case. He told mediapersons that he had already told that the Madam he referred was Kavya Madhavan.
Earlier, Kavya had repeatedly denied having any known Suni. Kavya reportedly confessed to the police that Suni had called Dileep from her phone and that she had given Rs 25,000 to Suni as per the actor’s instructions.
Suni had said that it was the ‘madam’ who gave him the money to carry out the heinous crime. But he added that she was not the aware of the conspiracy to abduct and assault the young woman.
Nadhirshah a close friend of actor Dileep was questioned by police in connection with the case.

more recommended stories
Arrested Woman Drug Peddler Names Links in Kerala Film Industry, Probe IntensifiedKOCHI:With the kingpin now behind bars,.
IAF Pilot Killed, Another Critical as Jaguar Fighter Jet Crashes in GujaratNEW DELHI:An Indian Air Force (IAF).
Myanmar Earthquake: Death Toll Crosses 2,700; Military Junta Rejects Ceasefire ProposalNAYPYIDAW:The death toll from the 7.7.
Bombay HC to Hear Petition by Disha Salian’s Father TodayMUMBAI/NEW DELHI:The Bombay High Court will.
Fresh Gunfight Breaks Out Between Terrorists and Security Forces in J&K’s KathuaJAMMU:A fresh gunfight started overnight between.
Year of Enterprises Project Unlocked Kerala’s Entrepreneurial Potential: Minister P RajeeveTHIRUVANANTHAPURAM:The Year of Enterprises (YOE) initiative.
1002 Killed, 2376 Injured in Devastating Earthquake in MyanmarMANDALAY:At least 1,002 were killed, 2,376.
Munnar to Thekkady Adjudged the Most Scenic Road by India Today GroupTHIRUVANANTHAPURAM:The meandering road from Munnar to.
Powerful Quake in Southeast Asia Kills Several, Myanmar Declares State of EmergencyBANGKOK:A powerful earthquake rocked Southeast Asia.
Relief for CM Vijayan, Daughter as Kerala HC Junks Plea for Vigilance Probe in Payoff CaseKOCHI:The Kerala High Court on Friday.